Wines don’t have to be expensive to be “great,” and there are plenty of good values to be had for under $20. In light of the current economy Wine Lovers Tours’ Vin Marottoli thought it would be a great time to put together this list of his Top 20 Recommended Wines Under $20.
All of the wines in this selection have also received top ratings from either Robert Parker or Wine Spectator. If these wines can’t be found in your market, make note that 11 come from Spain or Argentina, two of the best sources for good value wines in today’s market.
Wine Lovers Tours’ Top 20 Wines under $20:
- Attems Pinot Grigio ’07 Venice $17.99
- Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc ’08 New Zealand $15.99
- St. Urbans-Hof Riesling ’07 Mosel $14.99
- Rutherford Ranch Chardonnay ’07 $14.99
- Martin Codax Albariño Rias Baixas ’07 $14.99
- Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut $19.99
- Barbadillo Amontillado $9.99
- Viños Sin Ley Gordo Monastrell ’07 $12.99
- Barahonda Carro Yecla ’07 $9.99
- Juan Gill Jumilla ’06 $17
- Lan Rioja Riserva ’04 $17.99
- Colosi Nero d’Avola Sicily ’07 $14.99
- Thorn-Clarke Shotfire Ridge Barossa Shiraz ’07 $19.99
- Buehler Zinfandel ’07 $19.99
- Clos de los Siete Michel Rolland Argentina ’07 $17.99
- Delas Cotes du Rhone Saint Esprit ’07 $10.99
- Altos de Luzon Jumilla ’05 $13.99
- Tres Picos Borsao Garnacha ’07 $15.99
- Amancaya Malbec/Cab Mendoza ’07 $19.99
- Flavium Crianza Bierzo ’05 $9.99
So go ahead, curl up by the fire with a little music, try some of the wines on our list and relax a little knowing you didn’t spend too much. We’ll be compiling other Top Wine lists in the future such as Top Red Wines, Top White Wines, Top Sparkling Wine, and top wine recommendations from some of our future winery visits, so be sure to sign up for our newsletter or bookmark our site and check back often.
Do you have other Top 10 or Top 20 wine lists you would see from us? Do you have your own suggestions for good value wines under $20 that you’ve tried? Email us to let us know and we’ll do a follow up on our blog.