Many of us on our Rioja tour went on our first tapas crawl in Logroño which probably has more tapas bars than any other Spanish city, and all within a reasonable walking distance in the old town.
The main ‘street’ (it’s only about 8′ wide) is Calle Laurel loaded with one tapas bar after another. Each
usually specializes in one or two tapas; Angel for example only does mushrooms: a pile of 3, topped with a shrimp, loaded with oil, for about 3 euros. That’s about the average price for the tapas. My favorite was bacalao and langostino tempura.
The streets were almost impassible with others on a tapas crawl; it was a holiday weekend and the crowds were still strong at 10:30pm when we left. It’s an amazing experience with people of all ages socializing, having a great time and behaving responsibly.
You can read all about our Rioja wine tour in the links below:
- Rioja Wine Tour – Day 1: Live from Spain! It’s Saturday Night!
- Rioja Wine Tour – Day 2: Vivanco – 3 Visits in One
- Rioja Wine Tour – Day 3: Haro Here We Come
- Rioja Wine Tour – Day 3 – Part 2: Tapas Crawling in Logoño
- Rioja Wine Tour – Day 4: 3 Visits + Great Lunch
- Rioja Wine Tour – Day 5: What a Grand Finale!
- Rioja Wine Tour – Summary – Our Rioja Tour in a Nutshell
- Rioja Wine Tour – Summary – Top 5 Wine Finds in Rioja